Thursday, December 2, 2010

Assignment 5: Sideshow Poster- roughs

After observing my references I created these roughs...


I started out drawing this one. This is when I decided to call my character "Dog Face". I gave him a suit in order to make him seem more man-like.

Here is the second rough that I drew. I decided to make a draw a full image of Dog Face. I was even able to show his tail. I also added additional text since I got that idea through my references.

In this third one I decided to make Dog Face interact with an environment. He is having dinner while sitting on a dinner table. Notice that he is drinking through a wine glass. This shows the man-like side of him. His dinner is in a dog bowl which brings out the dog-like side of him.


I'm planning to use the third image as the the idea for my project. I'll probably add more alluring text such as: "It talks! Like a gentleman!"; "The most civilized talking dog man you'll ever MEET!"

I might take a picture of me in a suit holding a wine glass at a table. I'll probably use my dog again for the head of Dog Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment