Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Carnival Poster- Final image


The carnival freak in my poster features "Dog Face" who is half man and half dog. The text i used for those words is called Rosewood and they are held within yellow banners and bubbles. Gradients were added to those objects as well as a filter called "posterize".

Dog Face was created using an image of myself in a suit and an image of my dog. The dog's head replaces my head and i used the clone stamp tool to create the fur on my hands as well as a tail to my image's back. Dog Face also has a drop shadow in order to create a light source and to have him come forward.

Dog Face is framed within the text and within an oval hole in a red rectangle. I also added a blue floral pattern last minute, since Angela taught me a neat trick using Eduardian text to make such patterns.

The background is originally a gold curtain, but I had to give it a shade of blue in order to give it a cool color that would bring it behind Dog Face. The image is borrowed from freedigitalphotos.net by a photographer who goes by the name of "nuttakit".

2 comments:

  1. Dan,
    Your finished digital image looks great.
    I really like the curtains and the drop shadow, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Design: I really like the photo of your self becoming the dog. This actually looks great, a very simple poster and your choice of colors are rich causing the yellow and blue to push forward giving a sense of depth.
    Technique: I think the flourishes on the sides are better than the shapes you were using, but when you cut up the type you need to more and a variety of size – add some more shapes big and small. the creation of your man person is great.
    COngratulations

    HOpe to see you next semester
    angela

    ReplyDelete