Saturday, November 26, 2011

Accent Creations: Rough #3

I reworked my rough after having been shown better examples of website layouts. For this rough I decided to have more emphasis on images. A gradient is used in the background so that the viewer is led up and down the page. In this example the image is large and vertical and the text boxes are horizontal. Drop shadows were added to the boxes in order to keep the page from looking flat. The text within the header is now lined up on one horizontal line and the menu bar no longer has small images to distract the viewer from the text.

2 comments:

  1. Your color scheme and layout are very successful. Great choice of images for the home page, capturing the process of wood working. The headline however, is difficult to read, so maybe consider a larger or different font... Good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit of evolution over the weekend on all these sites, so looks as if your
    students are thinking out loud at least.

    I like aspects of them all and find it hard to decide which I prefer from
    what is there so far.

    Re logos I prefer the mweb2011 style and even that layout, but it is very
    dark. I'm a brighter, happier person than that.

    The layout and cleanliness of roseannah-wondering-webweaver appeals to me
    much more although the typeface of the logo is bit deco which isn't me at
    all.

    Dandrawsbalut's page has potential but is pretty limited, so can't see where
    it's going. The image at the top is obviously distorted, which is
    distracting. The chair isn't one of mine. Did I send you that image by
    mistake? I do have it in my 'inspiration' file.

    Adventuresinwebdesign is the most developed and has lots of appealing
    features. I'm not that keen on the typeface or the grey background, but
    definitely on the right track.

    ReplyDelete